Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: MacOS: xsltproc fails with "warning: failed to load external entity"
Date: 2023-02-01 00:22:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2023-01-31 18:54:31 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> 1. I have not tested the meson changes.

Works here.

> 2. As this is written, you can't override the --nonet options very
> easily in the Makefile build (you could do so at runtime by setting
> XSLTPROC, but not at configure time); and you can't override them at
> all in the meson build. Given the lack of evidence that it's still
> useful to allow net access, I'm untroubled by that. I did intentionally
> skip using "override" in the Makefile, though, to allow that case.

I'm not troubled by this either.

I wonder if we should provide a build target to download the stylesheets
ourselves. The amount of packages our instructions download is quite
substantial. We could perhaps trim them a bit, but we intentionally are
including things to build pdfs etc as well, which does make sense...

Greetings,

Andres Freund