Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'
Date: 2023-01-15 11:33:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-Jan-15, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Logical replication sometimes gets stuck with
> ERROR: int2vector has too many elements

Weird. This error comes from int2vectorin which amusingly only wants to
read up to FUNC_MAX_ARGS values in the array (100 in the default config,
but it can be changed in pg_config_manual.h). I wonder how come we
haven't noticed this before ... surely we use int2vector's for other
things than function argument lists nowadays.

At the same time, I don't understand why it fails in 16 but not in 15.
Maybe something changed in the way we process the column lists in 16?

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/