Re: low wal_retrieve_retry_interval causes missed signals on Windows

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: low wal_retrieve_retry_interval causes missed signals on Windows
Date: 2023-01-11 23:26:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 12:48:36PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Given that we check for interrupts in other parts of recovery with
> HandleStartupProcInterrupt(), which doesn't interact with latches, isn't the
> actual bug that HandleStartupProcInterrupt() doesn't contain the same black
> magic that CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() contains on windows? Namely this stuff:

Yeah, this seems like a more comprehensive fix. I've attached a patch that
adds this Windows signaling stuff to the HandleXXXInterrupts() functions in
the files you listed. Is this roughly what you had in mind? If so, I'll
look around for anywhere else it is needed.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment Content-Type Size
dispatch-signals-on-windows-v2.patch text/x-diff 1.4 KB