Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: gkokolatos(at)pm(dot)me, Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Rachel Heaton <rachelmheaton(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
Date: 2022-11-20 17:26:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 02:53:12PM +0000, gkokolatos(at)pm(dot)me wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 14:28, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> > Checking if you'll be able to submit new patches soon ?
>
> Thank you for checking up. Expect new versions within this commitfest cycle.

Hi,

I think this patch record should be closed for now. You can re-open the
existing patch record once a patch is ready to be reviewed.

The commitfest is a time for committing/reviewing patches that were
previously submitted, but there's no new patch since July. Making a
patch available for review at the start of the commitfest seems like a
requirement for current patch records (same as for new patch records).

I wrote essentially the same patch as your early patches 2 years ago
(before postgres was ready to consider new compression algorithms), so
I'm happy to review a new patch when it's available, regardless of its
status in the cfapp.

BTW, some of my own review comments from March weren't addressed.
Please check. Also, in February, I asked if you knew how to use
cirrusci to run checks on cirrusci, but the patches still had
compilation errors and warnings on various OS.

https://cirrus-ci.com/github/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/commitfest/39/3571

--
Justin