Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make_ctags: use -I option to ignore pg_node_attr macro
Date: 2022-10-19 08:17:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> > By the way, in passing, how about adding "tags" and "TAGS" to
>> > .gitignore file?
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea.
>
> Ok, the patch is attached.

I have search the mail archive and found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFcNs%2BrG-DASXzHcecYKvAj%2Brmxi8CpMAgbpGpEK-mjC96F%3DLg%40mail.gmail.com

It seems the consensus was to avoid to put this sort of things into
.gitignore in the PostgreSQL source tree. Rather, put into personal
.gitignore or whatever so that developers don't need to care about
other's preference.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii