Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>, Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v13
Date: 2022-09-22 15:21:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Sep-22, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ah, right, the joys of maintaining multiple build systems. I wonder
> if there's any way to avoid that by scraping file lists from one
> group to the other.

Or maybe we could have a file common to both, say OBJS, which both
scrape in their own way. That could be easier than one scraping the
other.

> We got a little spoiled perhaps by the MSVC scripts managing to do
> that in most cases.

Right ... and it was so annoying in the cases it couldn't.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Aprender sin pensar es inútil; pensar sin aprender, peligroso" (Confucio)