Re: BUG #17601: Problem running the post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: malashinkostyai(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17601: Problem running the post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.
Date: 2022-08-30 02:17:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

At Mon, 29 Aug 2022 15:29:33 +0000, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote in

> Bug reference: 17601
> Logged by: Kostyantin
> Email address: malashinkostyai(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 14.5
> Operating system: Windows 11
>
> When installing PostgreSQL I face this error "Problem running the
> post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The database
> cluster initialisation failed".
> I've researched a lot of forums and found several approaches how to fix it,
> but it didn't help.
> Help me, please!

According to the following page [1], Windows-version installer writes
a log file in the system temporary directory. That file or server log
may tell you specifically what is happening.

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation#Reporting_an_installation_error

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi