Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date: 2022-08-11 04:07:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-08-11 10:57:33 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> I'll volunteer to work on this unless an easier solution happens to
> come along in the next couple days.

Cool!

> (aside: guc-file.l doesn't have a grammar, so not yet sure if that makes the
> issue easier or harder...)

I think we should consider compiling it separately from guc.c. guc.c already
compiles quite slowly (iirc beat only by ecpg and main grammar), and it's a
relatively commonly changed source file.

It might even be a good idea to split guc.c so it only contains the settings
arrays + direct dependencies...

Greetings,

Andres Freund