Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v10

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v10
Date: 2022-08-08 15:53:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-07-21 15:26:05 +0300, Bilal Yavuz wrote:
> > On 2022-07-06 11:03:31 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > > dff7b5a960 meson: prereq: regress: allow to specify director containing
> > > expected files.
> > >
> > > This could use a bit more explanation, but it doesn't look
> > > controversial so far.
>
> While testing ECPG, C and exe files are generated by meson so these files
> are in the meson's build directory but expected files are in the source
> directory. However; there was no way to set different paths for inputs (C
> and exe files') and expected files' directory. So, I added `--expecteddir`
> to separately set expected files' directory.

Attached is a version of this patch that also removes the copying of these
files from ecpg's makefile.

Bilal's version checked different directories for expected files, but I don't
think that's necessary. Bilal, do you remember why you added that?

I'm somewhat tempted to rename ecpg's pg_regress to pg_regress_ecpg as part of
this, given the .c file is named pg_regress_ecpg.c and that pg_regress is a
pre-existing binary.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-meson-prereq-regress-allow-to-specify-director-conta.patch text/x-diff 6.7 KB