Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date: 2022-07-27 18:54:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Okay, I think I'm done with this. Here's v27 for the master branch,
where I fixed some comments as well as thinkos in the test script.
The ones on older branches aren't materially different, they just have
tonnes of conflicts resolved. I'll get this pushed tomorrow morning.

I have run it through CI and it seems ... not completely broken, at
least, but I have no working recipes for Windows on branches 14 and
older, so it doesn't really work fully. If anybody does, please share.
You can see mine here
https://github.com/alvherre/postgres/commits/REL_11_STABLE [etc]
https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5320904228995072
https://cirrus-ci.com/github/alvherre/postgres

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Every machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough."

Attachment Content-Type Size
v27-0001-Fix-replay-of-create-database-records-on-standby.patch text/x-diff 17.2 KB