Re: make -C libpq check fails obscurely if tap tests are disabled

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: make -C libpq check fails obscurely if tap tests are disabled
Date: 2022-07-22 18:23:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Jul-21, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2022-07-21 Th 04:53, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Here's a different take. Just assign the variable separately.
>
> Nice, I didn't know you could do that.

It's not very common -- we do have some target-specific variable
assignments, but none of them use 'export'. I saw somewhere that this
works from Make 3.77 onwards, and we require 3.80, so it should be okay.
The buildfarm will tell us ...

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability