Re: Commitfest Update

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commitfest Update
Date: 2022-07-17 15:17:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 09:37:14PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I'm not suggesting to give the community regulars special treatment, but you
> could reasonably assume that when they added themselves and then "didn't remove
> themself", it was on purpose and not by omission. I think most of those people
> would be surprised to learn that they're no longer considered to be reviewing
> the patch.

Yeah, I happened to look in my commitfest update folder this morning and
was surprised to learn that I was no longer reviewing 3612. I spent a good
amount of time getting that patch into a state where I felt it was
ready-for-committer, and I intended to follow up on any further
developments in the thread. It's not uncommon for me to use the filter
functionality in the app to keep track of patches I'm reviewing.

Of course, there are probably patches where I could be removed from the
reviewers field. I can try to stay on top of that better. If you think I
shouldn't be marked as a reviewer and that it's hindering further review
for a patch, feel free to message me publicly or privately about it.

--
Nathan Bossart