Re: Allowing REINDEX to have an optional name

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Allowing REINDEX to have an optional name
Date: 2022-07-15 13:03:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Jul-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Not sure what to make of this. Maybe the fix in 054325c5eeb3 is not
> right, but I don't understand why it doesn't fail in the macOS machines
> in the buildfarm.

Ah, one theory is that the libpq_pipeline program is getting linked to
an installed version of libpq that doesn't contain the fixes. Maybe you
can do `ldd /path/to/libpq_pipeline` and see which copy of libpq.so it
is picking up?

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"No deja de ser humillante para una persona de ingenio saber