Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im>
Cc: Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations
Date: 2022-07-01 00:20:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Gurjeet Singh (gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im) wrote:
> I am planning on picking it up next week; right now picking up steam,
> and reviewing a different, smaller patch.

Great! Glad that others are interested in this.

> At his behest, I had a conversation with Joshua (OP), and have his
> support to pick up and continue working on this patch. I have a some
> ideas of my own, on what this patch should do, but since I haven't
> fully reviewed the (bulky) patch, I'll reserve my proposals until I
> wrap my head around it.

I'd be curious as to your thought as to what the patch should be doing.
Joshua and I had discussed it at some length as he was working on it.

> Please expect some activity on this patch towards the end of next week.

I've gone ahead and updated it, cleaned up a couple things, and make it
so that check-world actually passes with it. Attached is an updated
version and I'll add it to the July commitfest.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
multipass-v3.patch text/x-diff 175.3 KB