Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample
Date: 2022-05-25 04:11:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Tue, 24 May 2022 15:01:47 -0700, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> In postgresql.conf.sample, stats_fetch_consistency is set to "none," but
> the default appears to be "cache." Should these be consistent? I've
> attached a patch to change the entry in the sample.

Good catch:)

The base C variable is inirtialized with none.
The same GUC is intialized with "cache".
The default valur for the GUC is "none" in the sample file.

I think we set the same value to C variable. However, I wonder if it
would be possible to reduce the burden of unifying the three inital
values.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi