Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI
Date: 2022-05-03 01:48:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-04-29 19:26:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > - The test uses pump_until() and wait_for_log(), which don't exist in the
> > backbranches. For now I've just inlined the implementation, but I guess we
> > could also backpatch their introduction?
>
> I'd backpatch --- seems unlikely this will be the last need for 'em.

Done.

I ended up committing the extension of the test first, before the fix. I think
that's the cause of the failure on longfin on serinus. Let's hope the
situation improves with the now also committed (and backpatched) fix.

> > pgindent uses some crazy formatting nearby:
> > SendRecoveryConflictWithBufferPin(
> > PROCSIG_RECOVERY_CONFLICT_STARTUP_DEADLOCK);
>
> I do not believe that that line break is pgindent's fault.

Oh - I'm fairly certain I've seen pgindent do that in the past. But you're
right, it's not. Perhaps it was an older version of pgindent?

Greetings,

Andres Freund