Re: Fix NULL pointer reference in _outPathTarget()

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix NULL pointer reference in _outPathTarget()
Date: 2022-04-19 09:53:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Apr-18, Tom Lane wrote:

> I suppose that Peter was trying to remove special cases from the
> outfuncs.c code, but do we want to put this one back? Richard's
> proposal would not accurately reflect the contents of the data
> structure, so I'm not too thrilled with it.

Yeah -- looking at the script to generate node support functions[1], it
might be better go back to the original formulation (i.e., your proposed
patch), and then use a "path_hack4" for this struct member, which looks
similar to other hacks already there for other cases that require
bespoke handling.

[1] https://postgr.es/m/bee9fdb0-cd10-5fdb-3027-c4b5a240bc74@enterprisedb.com

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/