Re: [HACKERS] WIP aPatch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com, m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] WIP aPatch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Date: 2022-04-04 01:14:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> I think it's easier to just say "if feature X is not enabled, then
>> columns XYZ are always zeroes".
>
> Ok, I will come up with a patch in this direction.

Please find attached patch for this.

With the patch, the log line is as follows (actually no line foldings of course):

interval_start num_transactions sum_latency sum_latency_2 min_latency max_latency
sum_lag sum_lag_2 min_lag max_lag skipped
failures serialization_failures deadlock_failures retried retries

I updated the doc as well:

- fold the log line using line feed to avoid error in rendering PDF. I
did not use &zwsp; because it does not enhance HTML output.

- split explanation of the log output into multiple paragraphs to
enhance readability.

- replace the example output with full options are specified.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-aggregate-log.patch text/x-patch 8.1 KB