Re: Commitfest Update

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest Update
Date: 2022-03-31 10:56:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Mar-31, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 02:41:26PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:
> >
> > Patches that are Waiting on Author and haven't had activity in months
> > -- traditionally they were set to Returned with Feedback. It seems the
> > feeling these days is to not lose state on them and just move them to
> > the next CF. I'm not sure that's wise, it ends up just filling up the
> > list with patches nobody's working on.
>
> +1 for closing such patches as Returned with Feedback, for the same reasons
> Robert and Peter already stated.

Feature request for the commitfest app: any time a patch is closed as
RwF, send an automated email replying to the last posted version of the
patch, indicating the state change and the URL of the CF entry. That
way, if somebody wants to resurrect it later, it's easy to find the CF
entry that needs to be edited.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Cuando mañana llegue pelearemos segun lo que mañana exija" (Mowgli)