remove reset_shared()

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: remove reset_shared()
Date: 2022-03-29 22:17:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

Is there any reason to keep reset_shared() around anymore? It is now just
a wrapper function for CreateSharedMemoryAndSemaphores(), and AFAICT the
information in the comments is already covered by comments in the shared
memory code. I think it's arguable that the name of the function makes it
clear that it might recreate the shared memory, but if that is a concern,
perhaps we could rename the function to something like
CreateOrRecreateSharedMemoryAndSemaphores().

I've attached a patch that simply removes this wrapper function. This is
admittedly just nitpicking, so I don't intend to carry this patch further
if anyone is opposed.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Remove-reset_shared.patch text/x-diff 2.1 KB