Re: GSoC: Improve PostgreSQL Regression Test Coverage

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Christos Maris <christos(dot)c(dot)maris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSoC: Improve PostgreSQL Regression Test Coverage
Date: 2022-03-29 17:20:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Christos Maris (christos(dot)c(dot)maris(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> This is Christos Maris <https://www.linkedin.com/in/christosmaris/>, and
> I'd like to declare my interest in the GSoC project mentioned above.
> I'm an experienced Fullstack Developer, but still an open-source beginner.
> That, combined with the fact that I'd really like to contribute to Postgres
> and learn Perl, makes this particular project ideal for me.

Glad to hear that you're interested!

> I want to ask if the mentor of this project (Stephen Frost) could help me
> with my application (if that's allowed, of course)?

You're welcome to send it to me off-list to take a look at and I can
provide comments on it, but note that I can't provide excessive help in
crafting it. This is to be your proposal after all, not mine.

Be sure to review this:

https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal

When it comes to working on your proposal.

Thanks,

Stephen