Re: support for MERGE

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Daniel Westermann <dwe(at)dbi-services(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: support for MERGE
Date: 2022-03-28 15:06:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Mar-28, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I intend to get this pushed after lunch.

Pushed, with one more change: fetching the tuple ID junk attribute in
ExecMerge was not necessary, since we already had done that in
ExecModifyTable. We just needed to pass that down to ExecMerge, and
make sure to handle the case where there isn't one.

Early builfarm results: I need to fix role names in the new test. On it
now.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.