Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date: 2022-03-25 12:26:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Mar-21, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I had a look at this latest version of the patch, and found some things
> to tweak. Attached is v21 with three main changes from Kyotaro's v20:

Pushed this, backpatching to 14 and 13. It would have been good to
backpatch further, but there's an (textually trivial) merge conflict
related to commit e6d8069522c8. Because that commit conceptually
touches the same area that this bugfix is about, I'm not sure that
backpatching further without a lot more thought is wise -- particularly
so when there's no way to automate the test in branches older than
master.

This is quite annoying, considering that the bug was reported shortly
before 12 went into beta.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"If you have nothing to say, maybe you need just the right tool to help you