Re: [BUG] Panic due to incorrect missingContrecPtr after promotion

From: "alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Panic due to incorrect missingContrecPtr after promotion
Date: 2022-03-23 17:24:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Mar-07, Imseih (AWS), Sami wrote:

> I have gone ahead and backpatched this all the way to 10 as well.

Thanks! I pushed this now. I edited the test though: I don't
understand why you went to the trouble of setting stuff in order to call
'pg_ctl promote' (in different ways for older branches), when
$node_standby->promote does the same and is simpler to call. So I
changed the tests to do that. (I did verify that without the code fix,
the PANIC indeed is thrown.)

Thank again,

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/