Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v67

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Cc: melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com, ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com, masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v67
Date: 2022-03-23 07:38:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:56:40 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> Docs.. Yeah I'll try it.

This is the first cut, based on the earlier patchset.

monitoring.sgml:
> When using the statistics to monitor collected data, it is important

I failed to read this clearly. I modified the part assuming that it
means "the statistics" means "the statistics views and functions".

I didn't mention pgstat_force_next_flush() since I think it is a
developer-only feature.

In the attached diff, I refrained to reindent for easy review.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center