Re: PSQL bug?

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ddevienne(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSQL bug?
Date: 2022-03-18 00:52:46
Lists: pgsql-general

At Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:38:30 +0100, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> Made a typo, using } instead of ) to test a weird table name, and got
> disconnected. Normal? --DD
>
> ddevienne=> create table "t |" ( id int};
> ddevienne(> );
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

The last line "Attempting reset: Succeeded." means that the connection
is once disconnected before the second input line then reconnected by
the input.

Specifically I can reproduce the same result by the following steps.

> ddevienne=> create table "t |" ( id int};
$ pg_ctl restart
> ddevienne(> );
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.
> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center