Re: Move the "DR_intorel" struct to a more suitable position

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "zk(dot)wang" <zackery(dot)wang(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Move the "DR_intorel" struct to a more suitable position
Date: 2022-03-16 03:25:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 11:16:58AM +0800, zk.wang wrote:
> Generally, we should define struct in the header file(.h). But I found struct
> "DR_intorel" in createas.c and it doesn't seem to be properly defined. May be
> it should define in createas.h.

We put struct declarations in header files when multiple other files needs to
know about it. For DR_intorel it's a private struct that isn't needed outside
createas.c, so it's defined in the file. You can find a lot of similar usage
in the source.

> Besides, this is my first
> contribution.&nbsp;If there are any submitted questions, please let me know.
> Thank you~ :)

Welcome! For the record, it's usually better to provide a patch. You can
refer to https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch for more
information.