Re: support for MERGE

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Daniel Westermann <dwe(at)dbi-services(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: support for MERGE
Date: 2022-03-12 15:36:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

FYI I intend to get the ModifyTable split patch (0001+0003) pushed
hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday next week, unless something really
ugly is found on it.

As for MERGE proper, I'm aiming at getting that one pushed on the week
starting March 21st, though of course I'll spend some more time on it
and will probably post further versions of it before that.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for