Re: Time to drop plpython2?

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to drop plpython2?
Date: 2022-03-07 01:42:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-03-06 17:30:15 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> 0003, the removal of code level support for Python 2, is now a good bit bigger
> bigger, due to the removal of the last remnants of the Py2/3 porting layer.

Oh, huh. Something here seems to be broken, causing a crash on windows, but
not elsewhere.

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5288088032247808
stack trace and regression.diffs:
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5288088032247808/crashlog/crashlog-postgres.exe_1768_2022-03-07_01-07-48-535.txt
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5288088032247808/log/src/pl/plpython/regression.diffs

The previous version ran successfully on windows too. So I probably screwed
something up when removing the remaining Py2/3 porting layer bits... The fact
that it fails on windows but not elsewhere perhaps suggests it's something
around the width of long?

Greetings,

Andres Freund