Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>, Joel Jacobson <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Date: 2022-03-03 07:16:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 03:06:52PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 06:03:06AM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> >
> > I lost commit with this change. I am sending updated patch.

Also, another thing is the size of the patch. It's probably the minimum to
have a consistent working implementation, but maybe we can still split it to
make review easier?

For instance, maybe having:

- the pg_variable part on its own, without a way to use them, maybe with
syscache helpers
- the main session variable implementation and test coverage
- plpgsql support and test coverage
- pg_dump support and test coverage

It wouldn't make the main patch that small but could still help quite a bit.

Any better suggestion?