Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: sergey(dot)dudoladov(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: Is there a way (except from server logs) to know the kind of on-going/last checkpoint?
Date: 2022-01-31 01:50:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 28 Jan 2022 13:49:19 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> > - proallargtypes => '{pg_lsn,pg_lsn,text,int4,int4,bool,text,oid,xid,xid,xid,oid,xid,xid,oid,xid,xid,timestamptz}',
> > + proallargtypes => '{pg_lsn,pg_lsn,text,int4,int4,bool,text,oid,xid,xid,xid,oid,xid,xid,oid,xid,xid,timestamptz,text}',
> >
> > I think the additional column should be text[] instead of text, but
> > not sure.
>
> We are preparing a single string of all the checkpoint kinds and
> outputting as a text column, so we don't need text[].

What I meant to suggest is to change it to an array of text instead of
a text that consists of multiple labels concatenated by spaces.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center