Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_replslotdata - a tool for displaying replication slot information
Date: 2022-01-17 13:11:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 04:10:13PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> Thanks Juilen. I'm okay if the patch gets dropped.

Ok, I will take care of that soon.

> But, I'm curious to
> know why the above error occurred. Is it because I included the nls.mk
> file in the patch which I'm not supposed to? Are these nls.mk files
> generated as part of the commit that does translation changes?

Not exactly. I think it's a good thing to take care of the translatability in
the initial submission, at least for the infrastructure part. So the nlk.mk
and the _() function are fine, but you should have added an empty
AVAIL_LANGUAGES in your nlk.mk to avoid those errors. The translation is being
done at a later stage by the various teams on babel ([1]) and then synced
periodically (usually by PeterE, thanks a lot to him!) in the tree.

[1] https://babel.postgresql.org/