Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date: 2021-12-28 21:04:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, getting closer now. I've fixed the code to filter them column list
during the initial sync, and added some more tests for code that wasn't
covered.

There are still some XXX comments. The one that bothers me most is the
lack of an implementation that allows changing the column list in a
publication without having to remove the table from the publication
first.

--
Álvaro Herrera 39°49'30"S 73°17'W — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."

Attachment Content-Type Size
column-filtering-11.patch text/x-diff 62.2 KB