Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com
Cc: vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com, amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com, sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com, gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com, houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Date: 2021-12-17 05:03:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Thu, 16 Dec 2021 11:36:46 +0000, "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote in
> On Thursday, December 16, 2021 4:00 PM I wrote:
> > Thank you, everyone for confirming the direction.
> > I'll follow the consensus of the community and fix the patch, including other
> > comments.
> > I'll treat only the stats for apply workers.
> Hi, created a new version v17 according to the recent discussion
> with changes to address other review comments.
>
> Kindly have a look at it.

It sends stats packets at every commit-like operation on apply
workers. The current pgstat is so smart that it refrain from sending
stats packets at too high frequency. We already suffer frequent stats
packets so apply workers need to bahave the same way.

That is, the new stats numbers are once accumulated locally then the
accumulated numbers are sent to stats collector by pgstat_report_stat.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center