Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What are exactly bootstrap processes, auxiliary processes, standalone backends, normal backends(user sessions)?
Date: 2021-09-13 16:15:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks Bharath and Justin -- I think I took all the suggestions and made
a few other changes of my own. Here's the result.

I'm not 100% happy with the historical note in "startup process", mostly
because it uses the word "name" three times too close to each other.
Didn't quickly see an obvious way to reword it to avoid that.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Most hackers will be perfectly comfortable conceptualizing users as entropy

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-glossary-definitions-for-auxiliary-processes.patch text/x-diff 8.9 KB