Re: PoC Refactor AM analyse API

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Denis Smirnov <sd(at)arenadata(dot)io>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PoC Refactor AM analyse API
Date: 2021-09-08 15:06:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:06:12PM +1000, Denis Smirnov wrote:
> Thanks for your review, Heikki.
>
> I have made the changes you have requested.
>
> 1. All modifications interconnected with column projection were reverted (they should be added in https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/2922 if the current patch would be merged one day).
> 2. I have returned PROGRESS_ANALYZE_* states.
> 3. qsort() was moved into heapam_acquire_sample_rows(). Also a comment was added, that the acquire_sample_rows() AM function must return the tuples in a physical table order.
> 4. table_beginscan_analyze() was removed as a redundant function.
> 5. acquire_sample_rows() comment about reservoir was changed.

Hi Denis,

This doesn't apply anymore because of c6fc50c, can you resubmit a new
patch?

Please note that the patch must be submitted with a .patch extension
instead of .txt, that way the CI at http://commitfest.cputube.org/ will
be able to execute automatic tests on it.

Regards,

--
Jaime Casanova
Director de Servicios Profesionales