Re: prevent immature WAL streaming

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, bossartn(at)amazon(dot)com, mengjuan(dot)cmj(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com, Jakub(dot)Wartak(at)tomtom(dot)com
Subject: Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Date: 2021-09-03 16:55:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oh, but of course we can't modify XLogReaderState in backbranches to add
the new struct member abortedContrecordPtr (or whatever we end up naming
that.)

I think I'm going to fix this, in backbranches only, by having
xlogreader.c have a global variable, which is going to be used by
ReadRecord instead of accessing the struct member.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/