Re: Fix around conn_duration in pgbench

From: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr, masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, asifr(dot)rehman(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix around conn_duration in pgbench
Date: 2021-08-31 07:03:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:39:18 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> >> Ok.

> >> You mean "pg13 or before"?
> >
> > Sorry, you are right. I mean "pg13 or before".
>
> I would think we should leave as it is for pg13 and before to not surprise users.

Ok. Thank you for your opinion. I also agree with not changing the behavior of
long-stable branches, and I think this is the same opinion as Fujii-san.

Attached is the patch to fix to measure disconnection delays that can be applied to
pg14 or later.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-conn-duration-pg14-6.patch text/x-diff 1.7 KB