Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Arne Roland <A(dot)Roland(at)index(dot)de>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables
Date: 2021-07-22 17:33:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-Jul-22, Arne Roland wrote:

> Since it is sort of the same problem, I think it might be worthwhile
> to address it as well within this patch. Adding two to four ereports
> doesn't sound like scope creeping to me, even though it touches
> completely different code. I'll look into that as well.

I don't understand what you mean. But here's an updated patch, with the
following changes

1. support for ONLY is removed, since evidently the only thing it is
good for is introduce inconsistencies

2. recursion to partitioned tables always occurs; no more conditionally
on relation->inh. This is sensible because due to point 1 above, inh
can no longer be false.

3. renaming a trigger that's not topmost is forbidden.

--
Álvaro Herrera 39°49'30"S 73°17'W — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
v10-0001-Make-ALTER-TRIGGER-RENAME-consistent-for-partiti.patch text/x-diff 16.7 KB