Re: window build doesn't apply PG_CPPFLAGS correctly

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: window build doesn't apply PG_CPPFLAGS correctly
Date: 2021-07-22 13:41:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-Jul-22, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> čt 22. 7. 2021 v 14:04 odesílatel Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
> napsal:

> > Almost everything in the Makefiles is not used by the MSVC buid system.
> > Using this one seems likely to be quite difficult, since the syntax for
> > the MSVC compiler command line is very different, and furthermore the
> > MSVC build system doesn't know anything about how to use this setting.
> >
> > AFAICT PG_CPPFLAGS is only used by pgxs.
> >
> > You would need to tell us more about how your build process is working.
>
> I need access to plpgsql.h in build time. This is only one dependency. When
> I build an extension, then plpgsql.h is in a shared directory. But when I
> build a module for a test, the header files are not installed yet. For
> build it requires an include dir -I$(top_srcdir)/src/pl/plpgsql/src

But Project.pm parses Makefiles and puts stuff into the MSVC buildsystem
file format; note David Rowley's patch that (among other things) removes
a bunch of ->AddIncludeDir calls by parsing PG_CPPFLAGS
https://postgr.es/m/CAApHDvpXoav0aZnsji-ZNdo=9TXqAwnwmSh44gyn8K7i2PRwJg@mail.gmail.com
which is probably apropos.

--
Álvaro Herrera 39°49'30"S 73°17'W — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"I must say, I am absolutely impressed with what pgsql's implementation of