Re: Hook for extensible parsing.

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hook for extensible parsing.
Date: 2021-07-22 07:04:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 12:01:34PM +0530, vignesh C wrote:

> 1) CFBOT showed the following compilation errors in windows:

Thanks for looking at it. I'm aware of this issue on windows, but as mentioned
in the thread the new contrib is there to demonstrate how the new
infrastructure works. If there were some interest in pushing the patch, I
don't think that we would add a full bison parser, whether it's in contrib or
test modules.

So unless there's a clear indication from a committer that we would want to
integrate such a parser, or if someone is interested in reviewing the patch and
only has a windows machine, I don't plan to spend time trying to fix a windows
only problem for something that will disappear anyway.

> 2) There was one small whitespace error with the patch:
> git am v4-0002-Add-a-sqlol-parser.patch
> Applying: Add a sqlol parser.
> .git/rebase-apply/patch:818: new blank line at EOF.
> +
> warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

Indeed, there's a trailing empty line in contrib/sqlol/sqlol_keywords.c. I
fixed it locally, but as I said this module is most certainly going to
disappear so I'm not sending an updating patch right now.