Re: corruption of WAL page header is never reported

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: corruption of WAL page header is never reported
Date: 2021-07-19 08:47:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:00:39 +0900, Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote in
> Your patch doesn't fix the issue that the error message is never reported in
> standby mode. When a WAL page header is broken, the standby would silently repeat
> retrying forever.

Ok, I see your point and agree to that.

> I think we have to let users know the corruption of WAL page header even in
> standby mode, not? A corruption of WAL record header is always reported,
> by the way. (See that XLogReadRecord is calling ValidXLogRecordHeader.)

Howeer, I'm still on the opinion that we don't need to check that
while in standby mode.

How about the attached?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Don-t-hide-xlog-page-header-errors-while-recovery.patch text/x-patch 1.7 KB