Back-branch commit complexity

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Back-branch commit complexity
Date: 2021-07-02 17:34:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In my git workflow, I normally use scripts to simplify and check things.
Previously, most of my workfload was on master, with patches migrated to
appropriate back branches.

FYI, now that we have the release notes only in the major version
branches, I have had to adjust my scripts to allow for more
per-major-version branches and automated doc builds of back branches. I
thought people might like to know if they come upon the same issue.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com