Re: Partitioned index can be not dumped

From: Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Partitioned index can be not dumped
Date: 2021-07-01 17:01:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-Jun-30, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

> Looks good. It seems this comment refers to line 455.

Ah, so it does.

I realized that we don't need to do vac_open_indexes for partitioned
tables: it is sufficient to know whether there are any indexes at all.
So I replaced that with RelationGetIndexList() and checking if the list
is nonempty, specifically for the partitioned table case. Pushed now.

Thanks for reporting and fixing this, and to Zhihong Yu for reviewing.

--
Álvaro Herrera Valdivia, Chile — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Investigación es lo que hago cuando no sé lo que estoy haciendo"