Re: Pipeline mode and PQpipelineSync()

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvaro(dot)herrera(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Boris Kolpackov <boris(at)codesynthesis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pipeline mode and PQpipelineSync()
Date: 2021-06-29 15:03:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-Jun-29, Boris Kolpackov wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera <alvaro(dot)herrera(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>
> > No luck reproducing any problems with this sequence as yet.
>
> Can you try to recreate the call flow as implemented here (it's
> pretty much plain old C if you ignore error handling):

> https://git.codesynthesis.com/cgit/odb/libodb-pgsql/tree/odb/pgsql/statement.cxx?h=bulk#n789

Hmm, I can't see what's different there than what I get on my test
program. Can you please do PQtrace() on the connection and send the
resulting trace file? Maybe I can compare the traffic to understand
what's the difference.

(I do see that you're doing PQisBusy that I'm not. Going to try adding
it next.)

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera 39°49'30"S 73°17'W