Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Ha Ka <klasahubert(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Lukasz Biegaj <lukasz(dot)biegaj(at)unitygroup(dot)com>, Krzysztof Kois <krzysztof(dot)kois(at)unitygroup(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem.
Date: 2021-06-16 13:33:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-Jun-16, Ha Ka wrote:

> śr., 16 cze 2021 o 12:31 Lukasz Biegaj <lukasz(dot)biegaj(at)unitygroup(dot)com>
> napisał(a):
> > On 04.05.2021 16:35, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > I would suggest to do that by running the problematic
> > > workload in the test system under "perf record -g"
> > We'll go with both propositions. I expect to come back to you with
> > results in about a week or two.
>
> Hi Alvaro,
> We reproduced the replication issue and recorded the walsender process
> using perf.

Hello, thanks, I downloaded the files but since you sent the perf.data
files there's not much I can do to usefully interpret them. Can you
please do "perf report -g > perf_report.txt" on each subdir with a
perf.data file and upload those text files? (You don't need to rerun
the test cases.)

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera Valdivia, Chile
"People get annoyed when you try to debug them." (Larry Wall)