Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Date: 2021-05-26 22:08:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-May-26, Tom Lane wrote:

> I wrote:
> > I think this is about ready to commit now (though I didn't yet nuke
> > GetDefaultToastCompression).
>
> Here's a bundled-up final version, in case anybody would prefer
> to review it that way.

Looks good to me.

I tested the behavior with partitioned tables and it seems OK.

It would be good to have a test case in src/bin/pg_dump/t/002_pg_dump.pl
for the case ... and I find it odd that we don't seem to have anything
for the "CREATE TABLE foo (LIKE sometab INCLUDING stuff)" form of the
command ... but neither of those seem the fault of this patch, and they
both work as [I think] is intended.

--
Álvaro Herrera Valdivia, Chile
"Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que la verdad absoluta no existe...