Re: Development version of release notes

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Development version of release notes
Date: 2021-05-22 23:27:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 05:56:32PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Anyway, this means that the markup I added post-packaging to PG 14 is
> inaccessible, and will not appear until PG 14 beta 2. Here is the
> actual markup from my local build:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
>
> I apologize I was not able to get the markup done before PG 14 beta1 was
> packaged. If people want to suggest changes to the release notes, they
> will have to build it from source or use that URL.

Thinking some more, since we no longer have backbranch release notes in
our master tree, there really is no way to display updated release notes
_except_ when they are packaged in beta/RC/final releases and then
posted to our website. My local URL should be used any anyone wanting
to view the current version, if they don't want to build it themselves.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com