Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Date: 2021-05-14 01:21:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 02:03:08AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 14 release notes. You can
> see the most current build of them here:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-14.html
>
> I need clarification on many items, and the document still needs its
> items properly ordered, and markup added. I also expect a lot of
> feedback.
>
> I plan to work on completing this document this coming week in
> preparation for beta next week.

I have ordered the items in each section. My next job is to add markup
and indenting to the XML.

FYI, the PG 14 release item count is much higher than usual:

release-7.4: 263
release-8.0: 230
release-8.1: 174
release-8.2: 215
release-8.3: 214
release-8.4: 314
release-9.0: 237
release-9.1: 203
release-9.2: 238
release-9.3: 177
release-9.4: 211
release-9.5: 193
release-9.6: 214
release-10: 189
release-11: 170
release-12: 180
release-13: 178
release-14: 220

PG 14 is a 23% increase over our previous release. I think the cause is
either more hackers/sponsors, Covid, or both.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com