Re: Extending amcheck to check toast size and compression

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extending amcheck to check toast size and compression
Date: 2021-05-04 16:43:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

+ /* Oversized toasted attributes should never be stored */
+ if (toast_pointer.va_rawsize > VARLENA_SIZE_LIMIT)
+ report_corruption(ctx,
+ psprintf("toast value %u rawsize %u exceeds limit %u",
+ toast_pointer.va_valueid,
+ toast_pointer.va_rawsize,
+ VARLENA_SIZE_LIMIT));
+

I think the comment sounds wrong since toast is precisely for storage of
"oversized" attributes.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/storage-toast.html

--
Justin